Saturday, June 26, 2010

Facebook

So, Facebook. I have had a Facebook account for the past year and a half approximately. I spend a lot of time on this website, and I sometimes wonder "What was my life like before I had a Facebook?" I honestly can't remember. I wonder how I used to mindlessly spend my free time before I spent hours on a website. Yeah, its great to chat with people, and see pictures and so forth. But sometimes I wonder what my life would be like now if I had never gotten a Facebook. How would I spend my free time? Would I have a better relationship with God? Would I call and talk to my friends more often instead of talking to them on chat? Would I send letters and postcards in the mail instead of writing on someones wall or sending an inbox message? I really don't know. I would like to think that Facebook hasn't had a negative impact on my life. I would like to think that it has helped me maintain relationships with people that I wouldn't otherwise have kept in contact with. I used to waste a lot of time on mindless things, but I feel that now I spend a lot of mindless time on Facebook. What could I do with the hour or more that I usually spend every day on Facebook? I could paint, draw, take pictures, watch a movie, journal, read my Bible, spend time with my siblings, the possibilities are endless. ]

No comments: