Monday, October 8, 2012

My Tank Is Empty


I came to a solid conclusion yesterday afternoon- I simply cannot keep living my life the way I have been for the past month and a half. I am going to lose my mind if I have to go through one more week like the ones I have had so far this semester.

I haven't had the ability to go to church in at least 4 weeks. I have either been out of town, at training, or sick. My soul is desperate for time just with Jesus, and it hasn't happened. I have been falling behind on my homework even while trying to pay very close attention to what is going on and due dates. I have not spent time with some of my good friends due to lack of "time". I haven't eaten a meal in the cafeteria in over a week because I have been having to get "To Go" meals for every meal. I feel like I have been on the go since the moment I stepped foot back on this campus. I have not had one day of complete rest, and I am starting to pay for it.

My gas tank has been getting to the point of empty for a few weeks now. I have been running on little or no fuel, and expecting myself to function at full capacity. I don't know what else I can do to help myself- I have cut down my hours at both of my jobs, I have tried to set aside "Jesus Time" every day and yet everday becomes the same blur of busyness that leaves me overwhelmed and exhausted every night. I am finally out of gas, and there are no gas stations anywhere in sight. Great.

Why am I telling you this? I don't really know. I guess so that maybe you don't let your tank get completely empty as I have done. Stop and get gas before you run out. Say no to people, make yourself a priority. You are going to regret it if you don't.

No comments: