Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Love is Here

Today I spent some time in the chapel in prayer as part of our annual spiritual life prayer vigil. The hour I spent with God today was unlike any other time before.

Have you ever just taken time and sat in God's presence? It is beyond amazing. I was sitting on the chapel floor, and I noticed how the stained glass reflected on the floor in front of me. The beauty took my breathe away for a moment. It was God's way of saying to me "Marissa, I love you." I took a few moments after that and just simply basked in the thought that God is apart of everything. He shows us his love in every part of our lives. Sunrises, sunsets, the way the clouds are arranged. Reflections of glass, music, the way the wind blows or the sunshines. He is here. As I was realizing this, this song began to play on my ipod.

♫♫♫Love is here. Love is now. Love is pouring from his hands, from his brow...♫♫♫

He is desperate to pour his love on you if you will simply take the time and allow him too. Let him love you. He is enough.

I have had to face trials this week that I never in a million years thought I would have to face. At the beginning of the week, I was stressed, angry, hurt, afraid, sad, and so overwhelmed I couldn't function. I finally got to the bottom of my pit and realized that I was never going to make it without letting God simply take over. So, I decided that my goal for this week would be entrusting to God every small detail of my life. My homework, friends, time, sleep, family, school, etc. The results? Have been simply amazing! I have been more focused and at peace than I have been in a very, very, long time. I have been in awe for the past few days to say the least.

So here is my random thought of the day for you- Love is here, right now. Let him love you. Let him take care of you. His peace is astounding, and his love is unreal. Life may not go the way we plan, and we will have trials, just like I am right now. But God is enough, he will take care of all of your needs. Trust His Love.

No comments: