Thursday, November 6, 2014

I'll Always Find My Way Back Home


As many of you probably know, I'm moving to Independence, Missouri in approximately four months. I am doing a one year (possibly longer) internship/discipleship program/job with a therapeutic Christian boarding school. As I have come to the full realization of this over the past two days, reality has hit home hard. (Don't get me wrong- I am sooooooo beyond excited it is not even funny!!!) I have just realized that I have never left home before, and that in itself is exciting, it is scary at the same time.


I heard this song today (don't judge. Everyone loves a little Hannah now and then!) And I realized, that no matter where this life takes me I am a Michigan girl at heart, and I will always find my way back home. I've talked with various friends who may be getting married soon, graduating from college, and lots of other things. I've thought about my peanuts, and the various people I will miss. I've talked with mentors and friends and family, and everyone is SO excited for this amazing opportunity for me! I am SO excited for this amazing opportunity! And I realized that I am blessed to have SO many incredible reasons to miss my home, and SO many awesome reasons to come home!!! I will look forward to every opportunity to come home and spend time with the ones that I love. And at times, it will be hard to be 10.5 hours away. I know I will miss going to Concordia to hang out with friends, or really want a bowl of my mom's homemade soup for dinner. Sometimes I will just want a hug from my best friend, or to be able to sleep in my bedroom. But you know what? God has so uniquely designed this opportunity for me that uses each and every part of my gifts and talents that I know that he will guide me and help me through this year in the hard times and the easy times. His plan is better than any plan that I can even begin to fathom, and I am so thankful that I am right where he needs me to be!

So here is my random thought of the day for you: Yes. I am moving to Missouri. It may only be for a year, or it may be for the rest of my life. Only God really knows that. But I am so blessed and excited to see where He is going to take me over the course of this next year, and I am so blessed and thankful to have such an incredible support system cheering me on from the good ol' state of Michigan. I will be trying to keep my blog more updated as I navigate this new adventure, and I just want you all to know that I will ALWAYS find my way back home, and even if its not as often as we would like, I will always only be a phone call away!!

No comments: