Friday, December 30, 2011

The Flowers Come to Show, That All that Rain was Helping Me to Grow!


Most people aren't thinking about rain at the end of December, at least not here in Michigan. But tonight, I have had rain on the brain. Above is one of my favorite songs called "Rain" by Sara Groves 

My friend Stephanie wrote a poem about the healing rain of God earlier this evening and it got me thinking. Her poem talked about God drenching us in his love and pouring his love, security, and peace onto us as we go about our lives. It was just beautiful.

Thinking about where I was a year ago, I cannot believe how far I have come. I cannot believe how much has changed and how many things I have experienced. Many times when I am talking about the "rain" in my life I am talking about the hard times that I don't really want to deal with but I know that I have too in order to be the person God wants me to be. But Stephanie's poem showed me that there is another view of rain that we may not think about everyday. Rain is not a bad thing- It may cause us to be hurting, sad, angry, or even afraid. But in that rain and in the storm, we can always see God. His love in every single one of those raindrops that hit us. When I think of God's love in a torrential  downpour, it just makes me smile from ear to ear and just soak it up. I want to jump in the puddles and be soaked to the bone.

Go soak up God tonight. I don't care how you do it, but go soak up his neverending love for you. Listen to music, read your Bible, go jump in the snow and make a snow angel. But remember this, no matter what clouds you are facing in your life, God loves you more than anything, and he is going to get you through this time in your life.  
All the flowers will come to show, that all this rain is helping you to grow. 



No comments: