Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Not For a Moment

I'm not going to candy coat this- Today has sucked. I won't go into all the details, but it has just been a tough day all the way around from 8am to the present. As I was angrily trying to find my missing ID card this morning, the song above came up on my Iphone. I heard it and thought "Aw. Thats a nice song." and went about angrily searching.

Later that morning, I got into my car practically in tears to drive to the bank to withdraw the money to replace my lost ID so I could eat and get into my dorm again. I turned on my radio and guess what song was on? Yup. Correct. Obviously God was trying to show me something this morning. I sat in the parking lot for a moment and listened to the words:

After all You are constant. After all You are only good. After all You are sovereign. Not for a moment will You forsake me"

I really sat and thought through these words this morning. God has not left me for one moment of my life. Yes, while losing my ID and other events of the day were frustrating and hard, He is still here. He hasn't left, and there is a reason.

So here is my random thought of the day for you: God will not leave you, even for a moment. Even if you can't see or hear him, he is there. I know sometimes that is sooooooo hard for me to remember, especially on rotten days like today. But I just want to encourage you and remind you that you are never, ever alone. He is still there with you and isn't going anywhere. He is your constant companion for life. So take comfort in this, and know that you are loved beyond understanding by your savior and no matter how crappy of a day you have he still has a plan for you. 


No comments: