Friday, November 18, 2011

The Bible is Illegal in 52 Countries. Did you know that?




Tonight, God really laid something on my heart- It is a privilege to be able to have a relationship with him and be able to tell people about it. We had "class" devos tonight and only a few people showed up. Thats not why I am writing this post though. However it definitely made me think about this some more.

We have this amazing privilege to be able to worship God in so many different ways and settings here on Concordia's campus, and yet many people don't take advantage of them. How many times do you just think "I don't want to go, so I am not going to." I am guilty of this every day. I chose to eat lunch with my friend instead of going to chapel. I have this opportunity, but I don't take it. Why? I don't know.

 Why do we sit in our dorm rooms and watch tv instead of walking 10 feet out to devos? Why do people need to be begged to come to spiritual things, but yet they come running to other events when they hear "Free tshirt!"

I am tired of this ritual. I am tired of sitting here and being okay with the fact that I don't go to things simply because I don't want to. I am tired of seeing reading the Bible as just another thing we need.  Do you know how many people across the world would love to be able to go to church on Sunday without the threat of being killed? And yet I just don't go to church on Sunday's because I haven't found one that "fits" me yet.

What is it going to take to make Jesus our top priority again? I know life and hwk happens, but our Jesus time needs to be 100% our top priority. What is it going to take to get your attention?!

No comments: