Friday, June 15, 2012

Sometimes I think I'm Missing It

Have you ever gotten to the end of the week and wondered where the week went? Sometimes we are on the go so much that we speed through our days without taking the time to cherish every second that we are alive. I have been contemplating this idea for a while now, and I have realized that I am almost incapable of living "in the moment"I get so wrapped up in my past and future that I honestly forget about the present.

You might have noticed people using the phrase "YOLO" a lot recently. It means "You Only Live Once". Some Christians disagree with this saying because through Jesus we get to live for all eternity, so in reality we live life after death. But in some regards, this phrase is something we really should pay attention to- We only get one shot of life on earth. After that depends on if we have chosen to let Jesus be our Savior. We have one shot to show Christ to people each moment of our day, one shot to cherish the time God has given us here to bring more people to him. And how many of us just fly through our days just wanting to make it to the weekend, or retirement, or vacation or whatever? What if we are so wrapped up in the past or present that we miss what God wants us to pay attention to today?

I have come to the conclusion that I don't just want to "get through" each day, but I want to cherish and appreciate each moment that God has given me and stop trying to speed on to the next one or look back at something I regret or miss. My goal for the summer is to blog once a day and capture a picture or post a song that goes with a blessing or simple "moment" from my day. I'm not going to race through my days anymore. God created me for something beautiful, and I am going to enjoy the ride.

So what are you going to do? Are you going to keep flying through your days just wishing you could skip to the next big thing? Or are you going to take some time and slow down and enjoy the life God has given you? This is your life- please don't miss it!

No comments: