Saturday, June 23, 2012

Every Moment Has A Purpose


Today, was a rough day on a lot of levels but on the outside most people probably had no idea I was having a rough day. But what started out rough, slowly but surely turned into something incredible.

I started out my day by going to IKEA and picking out a new bed with my family. It was crazy busy, and I was really stressed by the time I left the store. But, I got a really cute new bed, so that is a plus. After I left IKEA I headed over to Ann Arbor to go on a "coffee date" and later to a college ministry event with one of my best friends Ashley.

When I pulled out of my driveway to head out for coffee I was tired, cranky, and not wanting to be around people. I was praying on my way to Starbucks and saying something along the lines of "God, I don't want to be around people right now. I don't want to deal with anyone, I don't want to think about anything. Why am I even going to this thing? There is no one who is even going to know me other than Conco people." I pulled into Starbucks a very defeated little girl shaking from all my stress and anxiety and just wanting to be done with the day. 

I sit down for coffee with my friend and we begin to talk like we always do and it was simply amazing to me to hear about all the ways God is working in both of our lives. It really made me take a step back and kind of be like-"Oh yeah. God's in control. Not me. He's got this, and he has got a super amazing plan for me, why am I stressing?!" So we are talking about some things and I mention how I have felt that God was wanting me to do some things but I just wasn't doing them for some reason. Ashley encouraged me to listen to God and he would make what I needed to do clear and if I asked him give me a desire to do them.

After we did coffee, we headed back to Conco to make dinner with some of our friends before we headed out to a college ministry thing we were invited too. We had NO idea what was going to happen at this event, and were just trusting it was where God wanted us to be tonight because we all felt we needed to go. By this point, I was confident that this is where God wanted me tonight and I was ready to go along for the ride- even though I had no idea what that was going to mean.

We went to this group, and it was totally 100% different than I expected! I got there only to realize that I had been invited to this group a few weeks ago by one of my WCA friend's parents. It was crazy- God obviously wanted me there tonight! I had some great conversations with people tonight, and God gave me some pretty clear answers to some things I have been praying about. God showed me his plan and purpose in so many ways tonight it was unreal. Not only did he fill my spiritual needs, he also showed me some personal things and I was simply blown away.Things tonight directly connected to what I had been talking about with Ashley only hours before. I was sitting tonight at this bonfire thinking "God, can you honestly be anymore clear right now?!" It was amazing. Don't underestimate the small moments in life- the frustrations, the coffee dates, the bonfires. Every moment and every random thought is part of God's plan for you and it will all come together and you will simply be amazed. 


No comments: