Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Don't Blink

I cannot believe it. In exactly one month from today I will be moving back onto campus to begin my Junior year of college. It seems like just yesterday that I was scared to death to start my freshman year, and now here I am almost done. Summer seemed to FLY by... I think it was because of Germany taking up all of May, but I still cannot believe how fast the time has gone. I never used to believe people that the older you get the faster time goes, but now I am starting to believe them. My friend told me that each year of college seems to go by a little bit more quickly than the one before. I am not sure that I am very happy about that. It is becoming more and more real to me that soon I have to become a "real" adult and the fun and games are over. I don't know if I am ready for that part of my life yet. I am excited to start a new chapter, but it is still scary at the same time.

I don't want to wake up ten years from now and feel like I let this time just slip away like sand. I want to know that I cherished every day, and did what I could to make a difference in someone else's life. I feel like we often say this, but we never do anything about it. I am tired of just trying to get through each day. I want to love the life God has given me even if some days are harder than others. I don't want time to fly by anymore. I said the same thing about a month ago, and here we are. Time still got away from me. I mean, lets be realistic- I still haven't finished moving back into my bedroom from Concordia, and now in a few weeks I am going to have to pack it all up again to move back! It's simply crazy.

So here is my random thought of the day for you- Don't let today slip away. Try and do something nice for someone else, take time for yourself to relax, go hang out with a friend you haven't seen in a while. Life is too short to be wrapped up in whether or not the house is clean, or if you are going to make enough money. Trust God- He will provide for all your needs. Take a deep breathe- He is with you and is walking through this day with you. "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

No comments: