Sunday, July 22, 2012

He Loves You!


Today as you may know, my uncle Mike suffered a severe asthma attack and will be taken off of life support in the morning. I heard this, and couldn't believe it. I have never understood why God takes some people out of our lives at what appear to us to be random times. And yet, he has a plan that we do not even understand.

This afternoon I was questioning what God was doing, why he was causing my family this pain. I went to a college group called Truth with my friend Becca tonight, and we watched a video  called Father of Lights- showing us who God truly is. In short- it tore me apart. This video showed God's love for his creation, his passion for our lives, and his unending desire to never leave your side. To carry you, to hold you to love you. He desperately wants to save you. He wants to take away your addictions, your pain, your heartache. He is the only hope that we can hang on to. That is what got me tonight. HOPE. God is my only hope. His salvation is my only hope. In this world, I have nothing. But through him, I have eternity in heaven. When someone close to you is losing the fight of life, Hope seems far away. Pointless, not real. But tonight I realized that while my uncle is dying, I have hope for my future- I know where I am going. And I want you to have this same hope. I realized tonight that I have so many family members and friends who I am not 100% sure know Jesus like I do. I want you to go to bed tonight knowing that you are going to meet your king in heaven when the time comes for you to leave this earth.

There is only one way to him. The video tonight explained it like this- There are many, many phone numbers in the world. But if you don't dial the number you need you aren't going to get anywhere. 1-800-JESUS is the number you need tonight. Tell him that you are desperate, in need of a savior and you want to be captured by his love and grace. He loves you more than you can even understand and wants his child to come to him so that he can hold you, love you, protect you and forgive you.

Tonight, my heart is heavy. My family member is losing the fight of life and it does bring pain to my heart. But through the love of Jesus, I have hope. I know he will carry me through this heartache.

If you don't know Jesus tonight, and you want to share in the hope that I have, please pray this prayer tonight.

Dear Jesus,
I know that I have sinned in my life, and done things that you did not want me to do. I also know that you sent your one and only son Jesus to take my place on the cross as punishment for my sins so that I can one day be reunited with you. Father, tonight please come into my life, come into my heart. Please forgive me for my sins, and help me to trust in your unfailing love. I accept your gift of eternal life and want to spend eternity with you. I need you Jesus. In your name I pray, Amen.

If you prayed this prayer tonight, or would like someone to pray with you, please contact me. I would love to tell you more about the hope I have in Jesus and share with you his promises in the Bible.

You are loved by the king of the universe. You are his child, and nothing will ever, ever change that.

No comments: