Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Mid-College Crisis


A few weeks ago these little slips of paper showed up on a lot of the doors on campus. They had things that said "Take what you need: Hope, courage, motivation, love"...etc. As soon as I saw motivation I quickly tore it off and put it in my pocket. Later in the week, I was checking my mail and it fell out of my pocket. I didn't find it again until I walked by that part of campus later in the day. I made a joke saying "Motivation! You can't run away from me! The semester isn't over yet! I need you!" And then here comes the best part- I accidentally threw away the slip of paper about 10 minutes later. I threw my motivation in the trash. Awesome. 

I have had ZERO motivation to do absolutely anything over the past few weeks. My second year at Concordia is almost finished, and I have begun to reflect on my time here so far. In short- I can see the end. I can see the finish line and in a lot of ways that is terrifying to me. I feel like I am in a mid college crisis instead of a midlife crisis. One of my best friends is graduating in a few weeks and it is becoming more of a reality each and every day. Nothing is working out so far for the start of my Junior year. It is possible that I am just being pessimistic, but I just want some assurance it is going to be a good year and so far I haven't had any. 

Part of me has felt like maybe if I stop doing things maybe time will slow down and I will have more control. So far? Not happening. I don't know what is going to happen, and I honestly don't know where my motivation is going to come from to get me through these next few weeks physically, mentally, and emotionally. But I know that I will, and I know that Jesus is in control. So here is my random thought of the day for you: You may not have the motivation that you need to get through today. But God can get you through even if you don't want to. He is going to get me through my mid-college crisis and I can't wait to look back on this and thank God for being all the motivation I need. 

No comments: