Sunday, September 4, 2016

One. Last. Stand.



Have you ever known that God is calling you to do something and Satan has tried to take you down every single stinking step of the way? That's been my life for the past two weeks. I keep hitting roadblock after roadblock trying to move to Ohio, and it is frustrating beyond any belief.

First, it took me two weeks to get in for a physical from my primary care so I could get medical clearance meaning I am going to be 30-45 min late to my first day of training. Second, I found out my housing is wayyy farther away than what I was planning on driving to work every day. Third, I've had a terrible time trying to find an affordable car. Fourth? I lost my license and insurance card, and couldn't find it until I had searched for appx. 3 hours.

Oh. my. word. 

You're probably exhausted just reading this list! It has been straight CRAZY. And yet as I sat in my room in tears earlier I couldn't help but think in my mind "As hard as this is, I know this is where God wants me to be, and I know he isn't telling me not to go." I had prayed like 6 times. My mom had prayed, we had literally turned our house upside down trying to find this license, and we could not find it anywhere. I finally gave up and started registering for a new on on Secretary of State when I found it 15 min later. Praise Jesus. 

I don't say all this to complain.... I say this to say exactly the opposite: Don't complain- trust and pray. I remembered something that Louie Gigilo had preached about in 2013 when I went to Passion- the Devil's one last stand. Louie talked about how the devil will do ANYTHING to try and derail us from following God's plan for us, right up until the last second but that is important that we stand strong in Christ, even if we come out afterwards basically half dead. 

I firmly believe that the events that have taken place over the past few weeks are the Devil's "one last stand" trying to get me to chicken out of moving to Ohio. Well Devil, I got a few words for you- 

BACK OFF! I BELONG TO JESUS!

I think of what Pastor Bill says almost every week at church- if you have a complete and utter meltdown and curse God over the oven dying, how are you gonna face actual persecution when the time comes?

Have you ever thought about that? How do you react when hard times come? For the first time EVER in my life I have been handling transition and change pretty well. I had a few weeks of complete and utter shut down, but very few panic attacks and very few tears. I've been coping and praying my butt off, but it's working and that is what is extremely important. 

So here is my random thought of the day for you.... What is the devil using as his one last stand in your life? What is God challenging you to do but Satan keeps getting in the way? I challenge you to take some time and seriously pray about it. As soon as I found my license? I drove to Starbucks and had some intense prayer time. Don't let anything else get in the way. Get on your face and talk to Jesus. Don't let the Devil win this battle, especially because you know he already lost the war. 

No comments: