Saturday, March 16, 2013

God Your love is enough You will pull me through!

This will forever be my "Tool Time" song. Whenever I hear it, my heart goes back to that night almost 4 years ago when my life was forever changed.

And tonight, I sit here in bed a little bummed out and a little sad. This is the first Tool Time since I have come to Concordia that I have not gotten to be apart of at all. And in a lot of ways it breaks my heart, especially because I am not sure if I will be able to do the one in the fall; my last semester on campus. Wow.

I kind of got mad at God this afternoon thinking "God you always use Tool Time to do such major things in my life! Why would you punish me and not allow me to go?! Do you not want to teach me things this year or something?!" I got kinda whiny about it too. Complaining and simply aggravated that I don't get to be apart of this weekend.

But tonight- I was sitting in class (the reason why I cannot do TT). A Child Life class, my favorite class, almost in tears knowing that my friends were all jumping around with middle schoolers and here I was sitting taking a midterm. And we got our midterm and I didn't think I knew any of the answers at all. I panicked- literally. My prof. assigned each student 2 questions out of 18 to answer. I knew a little bit about each of my questions, but I didn't trust myself and I sat there panicking till the last 15 min when she said we could use our books to wrap up our final thoughts. I poured through the books and frantically wrote my final answers down, knowing that utter shame and embarrassment due to my obvious lack of knowledge would soon be coming when she made us read our answers out loud to the class. I truly thought that my future as a successful CLS rested on the next few moments. My impending doom and failure at my career was coming.

My turn came. My face glowing bright red I read my answers. My prof turned and looked at me and I thought "Here it comes." But you know what she said?

"Good job Marissa. If you take anything away from this class at all that answer needs to be it."

I sat there completely dumbfounded. I'm pretty sure my jaw had to be on the floor at this point. But, I simply smiled and said thank you and we moved on. And then, I heard a small whisper in my head "See, You CAN do this!" That wasn't a thought from me; that was from God. God showed me tonight that He has given me the skills to be a successful CLS, I just need to trust Him and trust myself and move one step forward towards my dreams.

So here is my random thought of the day for you; Don't put God into a box. I kind of put God into a Tool Time box. I thought He was only going to work in my life this weekend if I was at all the Tool Time stuff. But you know what? He worked in my heart through my midterm. A midterm? Really? Yes. Yes He did. So don't put Him in a box. God can work in your life in any way that He desires and it might just blow your mind and change your life.

No comments: