Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm Worn.


This song has been like the story of my life since the moment I heard it appx. 7 months ago. I find it beautiful, realistic and relatable. It also describes my life perfectly right now.

"I’m Tired I’m worn, My heart is heavy. From the work it takes to keep on breathing. I’ve made mistakes, I’ve let my hope fail. My soul feels crushed by the weight of this world." The past few weeks have thrown more at me than most people should have to deal with in a matter of years instead of weeks. I had another blow thrown at me yesterday morning and I was just like "Seriously God?! This is getting ridiculous. Can't I catch a break just for a few hours even?!"

I have reached the point where I am mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted. I don't have the energy to keep on trying to move forward in any area of my life. I have reached a point where I have to say "God, I give up. It's all you. Do what you want, I'm too tired to fight anymore. I surrender."

This is my random thought of the day for you: It is okay to be worn. It is okay to be tired, exhausted and frustrated, even mad at God. It is okay. Let yourself just Be and get through the day. We have to remember that God tells us in 2 Corinthians 12 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
I am weak, but He is strong. 

No comments: