Friday, March 29, 2013

When Love Sees You, He smiles


Good Friday. I hate to say this, but that has not been my focus today. I didn't go to church, I didn't sing any special songs, I didn't read my Bible. In a lot of ways it was just another day. But in all reality, this day changed the fate of the entire world. It was not just another day. Who am I to not take a step back and acknowledge the day that my Savior died for me?

I babysat for a one year old today. I really enjoyed it, but it was extremely frustrating at the same time. This little boy kept doing the same "bad" things over and over and over again. It didn't matter how many times I said no, or told him it would hurt him. As soon as I took him away he would run right back to it. After 4 hours of this, I literally was about to scream. As I sat on the edge of their fireplace in despair, I thought about this idea. I wondered "Does Jesus ever feel this way about us? He tries to tell us that something is bad for us and lead us away but we still go running back to whatever it is over and over again. Wow that must get tiring!" 

But here is the beautiful thing- Jesus doesn't have the human flaws that we do! (Thank goodness!) He will never tire from running after us when we go astray. He wants us to be by his side and he will do whatever it takes to make sure that happens, no matter what the cost. Even death. Death on a cross. There is no greater love than this! 

So here is my random thought of the day for you: We're not perfect. I say that a lot on this blog. We aren't now, and won't ever be. But Jesus still loves you. No matter how far you have run, no matter how many terrible things you have done He still loves you and always will! He died for you and he wants to be reunited with you in heaven. He will keep fighting for you every day of your life, and will continue to love you even if you reject him. So yeah. Maybe I wasn't a picture perfect example Christian today. Maybe I didn't spend as much time in remembrance as maybe I should have. But you know what? Jesus still loves me and would still have died on that cross for me and me alone. Flaws and all. Wow. That just blows my mind! 




No comments: