Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's Not the End of the World


Part of this song really caught my attention today: 
...To break me of impatience,
Conquer my frustrations,
I've got a new appreciation,
It's not the end of the world...

I had a conversation with a good friend of mine yesterday... a very honest conversation that at first I wasn't too thrilled that we were having. We were talking about some stuff when she said something to me. It was somewhere along the lines of this: "Marissa, you really have got to start looking at bad things that happen from a new perspective. A lot of the time you act as if it is the end of the world whenever something that you don't like happens. But it's not! You really gotta start seeing that." 

It took me a while to process everything we talked about last night. But I am beginning to realize that just because there are a LOT of things going on right now that I am not thrilled about, it's not the end of the world. God will bring me through it and over it even if it doesn't seem like it right now. He has got such a great, great plan. And I am so excited to see what it is. 

Don't let small things, or even big changes let you get to a point where you feel like it is the end of the world. I promise that it isn't, and God is going to guide you through the dark, and show you what lesson you need to learn from it even if it is very, very painful at the time. 

No comments: