Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Our God is Greater!

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Tonight was the first Offerings of my Sophomore year. We sang a few songs, and then we came to this one and I about fell to my knees. For the past week or so, God has really laid something on my heart that I need to change. He has made it so clear to me, yet I kept trying to find any other way around it. But yesterday, God put this verse, and this song on my mind the entire day. If you look, it was even my Facebook status yesterday. And it was like he was telling me- "Marissa, I am on your side. Nothing can stand against me. If I want you to do this, you have no reason to be afraid. You have no reason to panic. I am going to guide you through this." 

And yet, being as stubborn as I am, I semi-ignored him again. And then I had a horrible day and got to Offerings, and this song played. And it was like God was saying to me "Okay Marissa, do you get it yet?! Am I going to have to give you any more signs, or are you actually going to listen this time?!" And I just sat and thought for a minute and spent some time in prayer. 

I know what God wants me to do. It is about as clear as it is going to get. But the waters navigating how to get that done are rough and scary. It won't be smooth sailing- I already am well aware of that. And now I am faced with a decision- Do I choose to do what God wants and jump off into the unknown? Or do I follow the path that is straight, narrow, and well lit? 

It's going to be rough- but I think I am going to choose the unknown. I heard a quote once along the lines of "I would rather have God hold my hand and take the dark scary path, instead of being completely alone on the well lit path." Here we go. God, let your will be done and not my own. 

No comments: