Monday, August 8, 2011

Tomorrow

"Never put off till tomorrow what you could do today." - Thomas Jefferson

I feel like this has been a theme of my summer- Why should I do it today when I can do it tomorrow? Well, I am realizing now that I don't have that many "tomorrows" of summer left, so is it really worth it to keep putting things off?

I have been thinking- why am I putting these things off? Why won't I just do it now? What is stopping me from making the changes in my life that I know that I need to? Why am I waiting and promising myself that I will do it tomorrow?

My favorite part of the song was this: 
I can't live my whole life wasting
all the grace that I know you've given.
'Cause you made me for so much more than
sitting on the sidelines.
I don't want to look back and wonder
if good enough could have been better.
Every days a day that's borrowed
so why am I waiting for tomorrow?



I thought about sitting on the sidelines during one of my soccer games. It is frustrating and hard to sit there and watch when all you want to do is play. God is like our coach- But he isn't making us sit on the bench. He is begging us to get out there and play and use our skills and yet we hug the bench and refuse to get up and run because we are scared of messing up and getting hurt. I can't imagine sitting on the bench for every one of my games and just watch from the sidelines as everyone else has the time of their life, so why am I choosing to spend my life that way? 


I am tired of sitting on the sidelines of the game of life. I am tired of putting off everything I want to do until "tomorrow". I don't want to look back at my life in years to come and realize that the "tomorrow" I was looking for never came, and be disappointed in myself for not taking a chance. It's time to stop waiting for tomorrow. 


Stop putting off the changes in your life God is calling you to make. It's time to stop watching from the sidelines and start playing. Tomorrow isn't promised, but today is. What are you going to today to start over? 



No comments: