Wednesday, August 8, 2012

(Insert interesting post title here)

Today is my 20.5 birthday. I have been alive for approximately 7,482.5 days. Thats kind of crazy to think about. In some ways, it seems like nothing. In other ways it seems like a really long time. It is kind of crazy for me to think that I am going to be 21 in 6 months. It seems like not that long ago I was in elementary school. 21 is a really big deal in our society- it is the age when you are truly considered an adult. And yet, our brains aren't fully formed until age 25. Funny how that works.

I have a lot going on in my life right now. It's crazy to me to think that in a week from Friday I will be moving back on campus to start my Junior year of college. I feel like I was just a freshman, how can I possibly be a Junior already?! This fall I am going to be starting some new things that are really going to prepare me for my career. It is kind of scary to think about. I'm not sure that I am ready to be a full fledged adult yet. I still enjoy sleeping in and eating junk food and watching cartoons. I literally have a week left of summer vacation. Although, I will admit this has not been very "vacation" like at all. It is going to go by so fast, and in some ways I am ready to go back, but in some ways I am really not ready for all the changes this fall is going to throw at me.

I feel like I am on the edge of something big, and yet I have no idea what it is. I just know it is going to be great, and God is in control. I just spent an hour reading over some of my posts from the last 2 years. My life has changed so much, and it is incredible to me. I never thought I would be doing or saying some of the things I am now, but God has known about every detail since the beginning.

Life is amazing. I hope you are realizing that or you will realize it someday. As I read over this post, it seems so crazy and jumping from one thing to another. But that is what my life is like, so I guess this is a good representation!!

I'm not sure if I really had a specific point in mind with this post. Maybe I did. I don't really know. Usually I do. But I guess just know this- God has a plan for you. Even when your thoughts seem random and scattered like mine feel tonight, God is going to use each and every one of them. Don't worry- Be happy. Don't get mad, get Glad. He has got this in his hands, and eventually he will play connect the dots and show you the big picture and show you how all of your random thoughts are connected to make something amazing.

No comments: