Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013- God can do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine!

2013. Today is the first time I have fully realized that it is a new year. Usually I take time on my blog and kind of reminisce on all the things God has done in my life over the past year. But this year, 2012 ended differently. I was on the road on New Years Eve and did not have a chance to sit down and write about how I felt the year ended. But because of that, I started the first day of the 2013 in Atlanta, GA. And I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. God got a hold of my life in ways that I did not ever expect Him to. It was incredible. Beyond incredible. Only words that can be used to describe it is the fact that it was God oriented and inspired. But I am not going to give you a rundown of Passion on the blog today. I need some more time to process everything I experienced and learned before that happens. Today, I am going to look ahead at 2013 and share 13 of my goals with all of you in hopes that you will help to keep me accountable to these things. 

1. I pray that Christ would come first in every area of my life, whether it be school, home, church or simply in the world. 
2. I am going to devote prayer and devotion time into my daily life no matter how much struggle I face. 
3. I am going to take my school work seriously and devote myself to the job God has given me. 
4. I am going to do my best to reflect God's love to everyone around me, so that when they look at me they see Him.
5. I am going to learn to love the people around me even if it is a challenge, and see them as people and not only view their faults and struggles. 
6. I am going to try to no longer gossip or talk about people behind their backs. 
7. I am going to take much needed time for myself everyday
8. I am going to joyfully enjoy the days God has given me and find a blessing in every day. 
9. I am going to find more ways to give back to my community 
10. I will write more often, and pray more often for my Compassion kids 
11. I will become more involved with a church community this year; whether it be my home church or somewhere new. 
12. I will strive to fulfill God's purpose for my life and lay down my wants and desires to let Him have complete control of my life. 
13. I will commit to moving forward- allowing myself to heal from past regrets and mistakes, and letting God in to the areas of my life I have not let him into before. 

This is my random thought of the day for you- Some of these things may seem impossible. But if there is one thing that I learned at Passion it is this- We believe in the God who does immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine. I am asking God to change my life this year and to give me a passion for Him in ways that I cannot even imagine or being to know how to ask for, and I believe that He will give me this desire of my heart. This is my prayer for you as well. That God will change your life in more ways than you can even ask or imagine. 

No comments: