Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Waiting

One of my good friends posted a song on FB today and it has become one of my favorites. It is called Waiting Room by Jonny Diaz. It perfectly describes the spot in my life where I am at right now.



There is a certain situation that I have had to put into God's hands over and over again. I kept saying "I know God is going to reopen the door eventually if I let Him handle it." Well, I eventually realized that God won't reopen doors if you refuse to shut them in the first place. So, recently I shut the door on this situation and I am letting God take over from here. It is hard for me to sit here and be okay with God telling me "no". Or at least, "Not right now." I want this door reopened, and I want it opened now.

We live in a society that is so used to getting what we want when we want it. We don't have to wait for almost anything, and yet sometimes that is how God works- He makes us wait until the timing is right. But in reality- that door in my life may never open again. And I have to learn how to be okay with that. We have to remember that God has such a better plan for us, better than we can even imagine. God has a reason for each and every think that we go through- we just can't see the purpose because of our perspective. We have to trust Him in all things.

So here I wait. Waiting for the door possibly to reopen, or for God to open a new door. I tend to be an impatient person, so this has already been an interesting journey. I don't like waiting, but the hope of God bringing me to something that will help me is worth the wait. No one said it will be easy, but it is worth it, no matter the cost.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the song! What you are writing about reminds me of a principle I learned many years ago, the principle of relinquishing or complete surrender to the Lord. Like you said, we first need to close the door. We need to give up ALL control and give whatever it is over to the Lord completely. In the end it is this: Lord, your will, not mine!

Unknown said...

Oops, it says that the comment was made by Alan. :) I guess it's because he set up the account, but it was actually Antje writing ( which you surely guessed anyway).

Ashley said...

This is great. And so very true:)

MarissaK said...

I'm glad you liked it. It is a very, very hard lesson to learn. I kept telling myself that I had completely surrendered to God, but in reality I hadn't, and complete surrender is a lot harder than most people would think. I have to remind myself of that every single day "Your will be done God- not mine. Yours!"