Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gossip

So, What exactly is gossip? Where is the line between gossiping and venting about a situation? A friend just posted on her blog about she has realized how much she has been gossiping since she went to college. I thought about it, and realized that I have done the same thing. Since when is it okay for us to talk to everyone we want about problems we are having with other people? Since when is it okay to complain about someone and trash talk them? It's not okay. I was in a situation about a week ago with a friend of mine. I flipped out because she was talking about me behind my back. I later realized that I was doing the same thing - talking about her behind her back to our other friends because she had made me angry. It was okay for me to say whatever I wanted, but I didn't want her saying anything about me. When did this become okay? It isn't okay, and I need to stop it right now. I really like how God gets ahold of us at just the right time. This new semester coming up is going to be different. I am done with dealing with people how I used too. It's time to start showing God's love to people, no matter how much they may hurt us or bother us.

3 comments:

Makaya said...

Marissa,

I really admire the fact you're willing to change just as much as me. It will be a challenge not only for the both of us, but for the world to really see the example we as disciples of Christ on campus are trying to set.
People on campus can be really immature, but we can be too, and that comes from sin.

I think, if we lift each other up in prayer, along with the campus there will be a difference from God's work.
I do also feel that we need to extend this change that we're trying to make with our friends. How about it? I really want to reach out to the people on campus with what we're trying to do because it'll make a significant impact on people's lives and show that God loves, just as we want to love. Love is the answer, let us show it.
Blessings on your journey, and may God put peace upon you. You're in my prayers.
-Mak

MarissaK said...

We definitely need to extend this change to our friends. It really is so simple to have a huge impact on someones life. A kind word can literally change someones life.

Makaya said...

I agree.