Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Missing You

What does it mean to miss someone? To me, it means that they are not with you at that certain moment, and you wish that they were. I am missing a lot of people right now. I miss some of the people I have met at Concordia, as well as some of my close friends. It is odd- because I already miss one of my friends and she doesn't leave to go back to Grand Rapids until tomorrow. It's almost like I am preparing myself for what is to come. I really have no idea when I am going to see her again, and in a way that scares me a little.

I wonder sometimes, can we miss God? That thought just popped into my head. When we long to read the Bible or pray, maybe it is because we are missing God? It may not feel like it does when you miss another human, but I think that sometimes we do start missing God if we don't talk to Him for a while.

Sometimes I wish things didn't have to change. Sometimes I wish bad things didn't happen. Sometimes I wish that my friends didn't go to school so far away. I wish all these things, but what astounds me is that God still has a better plan that what I can even imagine. He is using these aspects of my life that I don't want to change so that I can help others. I may not like it or understand it at times, but he still has a better plan.

Maybe when we are missing God, God also is missing us. Kind of an interesting thought.

1 comment:

Makaya said...

I think that every time we run from God...He misses us...and I think God misses us every second...just as much as we would miss Him.

Interesting thought it is. Never really thought about it.

I think..that since God never leaves us, and when we leave Him, being that He is jealous for us..because He loves us so much...that means..He would definitely miss us! :D

Thanks be to God for Him loving us so much!