Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thankfulness

So, yesterday was a bad day. I kept telling my friend that I couldn't find anything positive about the day. She replied, "Well, you are alive, and you know Jesus. Isn't that enough of a positive?" At the time I told her that I wanted to find a not cliche positive. But this morning, I looked at it differently. My devotional this morning was on being thankful even through hardships. It talked about how sometimes we get so wrapped up in what is wrong in our lives that we forget to be thankful for not only the good things that God has given us, but also the hardships He has given us. I woke up this morning, and the sun was shinning. I realized that I have tons of people in my life that love me and care about me, and would do anything to help me have a good day. But most of all, I remembered that I have Jesus and I took time to look back and see how He has worked in my life these past few months and even years and I felt at peace for the first time in a while. Right now, there is a certain situation that I would do anything to change. I want this person to still have a role in my life, and our relationship is very strained. But in reality I have come to the realization that I have done all I can, and now it is up to God. It's hard to accept, but that is how life is. So, even if life is bad right now, try to be thankful for your challenges because God is going to do something awesome through them.

No comments: