Friday, April 22, 2011

45 days, 1,080 hours, 64,800 minutes

Tomorrow. Tomorrow Lent is done. Tomorrow I can get on Facebook if I want too. I cannot believe it has been 45 days since I have been on Facebook. I don't really miss it. I don't miss the distraction, I don't miss it giving me something to do, I don't really miss it at all. Am I looking forward to getting back on? Not really. I don't feel like I have anything to look forward too. Sure, it will be nice to read the posts that people have left me and such, but do I think there is anything life altering waiting for me? Not really.  I feel like people get too hyped up over Facebook these days. Sometimes I miss the simpler life where we didn't base our relationships on online communications or cell phones. What ever happened to writing letters? I still frequently send letters simply because I love getting mail and it gives me something to look forward too. Sigh. Oh well. I guess things are different now. But that doesn't mean I have to give in :) Being off Facebook has really made me value the relationships that I have with people that aren't based around technology. It is really refreshing. If you are on Facebook, try staying off it for a while. It is really nice.

No comments: