Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Up and Down

Someone I really admire once told me that our walk with Christ is about ups and downs. It is a bumpy ride, but with Jesus help the waves won't seem as harsh. I used to disagree with her, but now I am seeing the truth.

I am also really starting to see how much I hate when people don't just follow Christ. When people look into certain unnecessary details too much and try to look like a "good person" instead of just taking our faults for what they are and realize that we sin. We do sin. You can't ignore that. We arn't perfect. I read a review on a devotional book that I got for Christmas and this reviewer was saying it was a horrible book because it mainly focused on finding peace through Christ. Hence the name of the book: Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence. HELLO! Of course the book is going to focus on peace if that is what the title is! They were saying it wasn't a truly Christian book because it didn't focus on other aspects of the relationship with Christ. I think they are just dumb. The Bible covers all the aspects needed to follow Christ. This book just focuses on finding peace. Sometimes I really can't stand people like that, but in reality, it just reminds me that I need to be praying for them instead of just getting annoyed.

1 comment:

Makaya said...

hate the sin, love the sinner.