Saturday, January 15, 2011

God is just so awesome!

Sometimes I really wonder how people make it through their lives without God. I find it sad actually. God is the only reason why I make it through each day. People are great and can be helpful, but they also can be harmful. I used to always go to people, and then sometimes God. My views have changed in the past few weeks. Now I go to God, and then sometimes people. Now I feel like if I go to people, God is showing me who to go to, the person who can be the most help to me at that moment. It's a great feeling.

This thought just entered my mind- Can we rely too much on God? Do we need to allow ourselves to rely on people a little bit? But what I realized, is that God will help us to rely on certain people when it is necessary, but in reality He is all we really need. When someone helps me get through something, I used to see it as them helping me. But now, I see it more as God helping me through a certain person. He is giving them the words to say and the things to do. He is using them to help me. I find it fascinating.

This past week, God answered a prayer request that I have been praying for for about 6 or 7 years now. It made me so happy. My friend once said a quote to me "You have to be willing to wait until you would be willing to wait forever." I have been praying for this, and I knew that God was going to answer, and I was willing to wait. My waiting paid off. The whole situation is such a God thing. It is really awesome.

So in short, God is good- all the time. I have seen this week how great He is even on the rough days. Keep fighting the good fight!

No comments: