Monday, March 7, 2011

Death

I just got out of my literature class and we have been studying different views of death in literature. It was really interesting, but at the same time sad. We talked about different experiences we have had with death, and how we reacted. I couldn't help but think of my friends mom who passed away a little over 7 months ago. The pain of losing her was still there, and the memories of her sickness and death seemed to flash before my eyes.That is something that I have learned in the past few months, the hurt and pain from bad things happening will never fully go away, but knowing Jesus can make the pain a little more bearable. I do miss my friends mom, as well as my fourth grade teacher who also recently passed away. I would love to hear their stories just one more time, or to see their smile. I would truly love that. But I have to remember that I will see them again in heaven, and I can see their smiling faces and hear their stories one more time. I will get to meet the grandparents I never had the privilege to meet, and I can be with Jesus for the rest of my life. It sounds so wonderful. I can't wait.

Rest in Peace Mrs. Wiersma and Miss Cubberly. I miss you both, but I know that you are safe with Jesus. I can't wait to see you again someday.

No comments: