Thursday, March 31, 2011

“If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.”

That kind of describes my day yesterday. I was told yesterday that I didn't get an SLR position. I was kind of upset and angry thinking "God what are you doing?! I thought you wanted me to be an SLR next year it seemed so clear to me!" Well, as much as I want to say that I prayed prior to applying to be an SLR, I didn't. Maybe once or twice with my SLR, but I never prayed about it on my own. And yet, I dove in headfirst and just assumed that I would get the role because as I saw it, I was 100% sure thats where God wanted me to be next year. Well, yesterday my plan got flushed down the drain.

At first I panicked, thinking "What am I going to do now?! I have to decide what dorm to live in, who to room with, etc..) and I was really starting to dread next fall. But today, after talking with someone I trust, I was able to step back and look at the situation with a new perspective. Who said that I need the title of SLR to perform the actions of an SLR? I can pray and talk with people whenever I want. I can ask my SLR if I can give a devotion in my dorm if I want too. I may not have the title of SLR, but that doesn't mean I can't help people.

I was really looking forward to working with the freshman girls next year. I thought "Well, I'm not an SLR now, so I guess I won't be able to connect one on one with the girls" But in reality, I can go talk to them and connect with them outside of the dorm setting. It is possible, and I can't wait to meet them.

God has shown me a lot in the past 24 hours. Pretty cool stuff.

No comments: