Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Day

So, I have realized that my titles for my posts suck. Sorry. I will try to get better about that :)

It is day two of me deciding to make some changes in my life, and it still has been a challenge. I got out of my psych class super early, and I was walking over to the nest to just relax before my next class. I decided that I really wanted to buy some gummy bears.... they sounded so delicious. However, I am happy to tell you that I did not buy gummy bears. I am currently sitting here eating strawberry yogurt. Maybe not as yummy as gummy bears, but it still tastes pretty good. I have decided to not so much rule out junk food entirely- if it is offered as a special treat I will take it, but I am not going to choose it myself as a snack or as a meal choice. Such as, yesterday our professor brought us pizza. I will accept that, but I am not going to choose pizza or chicken nuggets for dinner in the caf. Or for example, I am going on a retreat this weekend, and I have zero control over what food is provided. I can still make the best choices possible, but I may not be able to avoid junk food entirely. Oh well. At least I am trying.

I am still loving not being on Facebook. It is SO refreshing! Every once in a while I get bored and I want to get on the website, but I always find something more fun or more important to do. It is so nice. I love having the extra time to spend with Jesus. I never have to worry about having time to do my devotions in the morning when I am not on Facebook because I don't waste the time on it in the morning. So nice.

Today has again been a really good day so far. I am getting my homework done, and I am feeling good about life. I actually don't want this semester to end, I love college life, and I am going to miss the people I have met here. Although, I am SO ready for the warm weather!!! :D

So many people, myself included have mentioned how stressed and tired they are since we got back from Spring Break. But the thing I find so awesome, is that for the most part everyone is still happy and smiling. Having Jesus in your life makes such a huge difference. It's pretty awesome. I hope you all have a fantastic week. Smile, because Jesus loves you and I do too!! :)

No comments: