Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stop Stressing- Start Trusting

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6 


What can I say about this verse? Well to start, I can say it is special to me because it is my Senior Chapel verse. But that is not the reason it is the topic of my blog post today. This verse has been popping up in my life at least once a week for the past few months. Then today, I woke up when my friend Ashley texted me this verse. After that, I did my devos. Guess what one of the theme verses of the day was? You got it. Philippians 4:6. So, it was then I started to realize that I think God is trying to get a message across to me. 


I have to make a decision about something before tomorrow afternoon, and it is something that I have been stressing quite a bit over. And yet, all I really need to do is give it over to God, and He will show me the way that I am supposed to go. It frustrates me that sometimes this is so difficult to do- My God created the universe, he knows the number of hairs on billions of peoples heads, and yet I can barely trust him to solve a simple problem in my life. I know that it will all work out in the end, I just need to quit stressing and start trusting. Maybe this verse can help you today as well- Stop stressing, and start trusting God. He's got you in his hands. 

No comments: