Saturday, June 11, 2011

It Just Might Change Your Life

You never know what can change your life. I never thought that some of the decisions I have made over the past few months would change my life, and yet they have.  Letting go of something is terrifying, I think most people realize that. But what a lot of people don't realize, is letting go of something that has control over you can truly change your life. Most people have heard the phrase "Let Go and Let God". This is one of the hardest things to do, and yet it is the best thing we could ever do for ourselves. This part of the song is what really caught my attention:

You find yourself
Up against the wall
You're scared to push cause it might fall
And it...
Just might change your life

You're on the edge now take one step
And you just might find you'll fly
You never know what will happen next
Don't be afraid to let go this time
It just might change your life



I have been up against quite a few walls in the past few years. A lot of walls. And I have been scared for so long to knock them down- due to fear of not knowing what is behind them and what new challenges are ahead of me. And yet, as I have started knocking down each and every wall has been the best thing I have ever done. I was scared, and at times I am still scared. It is painful, and it is a lot of hard work. But every time I knock down a wall, or even begin knocking down a wall, it truly changes my life. And it is all because of God. I don't have power to knock down walls on my own. I have too much fear and not enough strength. But God, He has all the strength and courage that I will ever need. With his help, I can take a sledgehammer to these walls and change my life. It's not a one time decision- you can't knock down a wall by hitting it one time. It is a daily decision to keep fighting, but it is a decision that is worth it. 


Don't be afraid to let go. Let God help you start knocking down the walls in your life. It will be hard work, and it will be scary and painful at times. It may even seem like it isn't worth all the work and pain, but if you commit to knocking down those walls, It Just Might Change Your Life.

No comments: