Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Change

We all know how much I hate it when things change. I don't like it one bit. But for one of the first times in my life, I am looking back at the past year of my life and seeing how much has changed, and for once I am actually happy about it.

If you would have come to me a year ago and told me what I was going to go through in the next year and I was going to come out stronger and more reliant on God, I would have told you that you were crazy. I would have told you that I would never do some of the things that I chose to do, and I would never allow those aspects of my life to change. But I did do those things- and things did change. Things have changed drastically.

I was talking to one of my best friends today and we were talking about how we haven't really kept in as close of touch with our high school friends as we had originally thought we were going to through the first year of college. Now granted, we are all still really close. We just don't talk to each other on a daily basis anymore. Last year at this time, if you would have told me that there would be some weeks in the next year where I didn't talk to my friends from high school at all, that would have scared the crap out of me. But looking back now, I am okay with that. We all started our own journey and still managed to stay apart of each others lives and I think that is really cool.

There are some other parts of my life that have changed that I am not so thrilled about, but I can see how God is working in each of the situations, and it just amazes me when I think about it. Now granted, it is still hard to accept the changes and painful, but it is cool to see God at work in the changes.

I have had soooooo many personal changes it is unbelievable, and too many to list on here. But they are all happy changes, so that is good :) I am learning how to become the person that God wants me to be instead of who I or anyone else wants me to be. Good stuff.

I am starting to realize, maybe change isn't such a bad thing after all....

No comments: