Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's never too late to get up again


Have you ever thought about how hard it is to get back up and keep going after "falling"? It could be actually falling- like falling off your two wheeler after you take the training wheels off or "falling" spiritually or emotionally. Most kids don't want to get back on after taking a spill on their bike, but somehow the parents coax them into trying again until they finally learn how to do it. God is the same way. When we fall off, he scoops us up, gives us a hug, calms us down and gives us a bandaid, and tells us to get back on the bike and keep fighting. We act like he is crazy, and we don't want to listen to him. We might cry and beg for any other way, but the only way to conquer it is to get back up again. 


We are going to get knocked down in more ways than one during our lifetime. After all, the Bible does say that we are in a "race". How many competitions have you seen where no one gets pushed down, shoved, yelled at, etc.. ? It doesn't happen. So why do we sit here expecting our lives as Christians to be easy? I really don't know. 


After hearing this song today,  I kind of pictured myself in this situation: I kind of got "knocked down" by some stuff that went on in the past few weeks of my life, and I saw myself just sitting on a racetrack, discouraged and not wanting to continue the race because I got knocked down. I was telling God "Enough is Enough! I have fallen too many times. It is time for me to stop trying to go forward and just be content with the fact that I tried! I'm not doing this anymore God- I'm done." Well, after some help from some friends, and spending time with God praying about it, I was able to get back up again. 


I am aware that I am going to get knocked down again. I'm not looking forward to it, getting knocked to the ground is humbling- it makes you put your pride aside and let God help you. But, each time that I get knocked down now, it takes less time for me to get back up. It takes less crying, complaining, and grumbling. And when I do finally get up, I am stronger and ready to run harder and faster to my goal. 


I don't know what you are facing in your life right now- it might be something simple or something horribly complex. But either way- falling down hurts and getting up again isn't easy. God can help you get back up. It might take some time, but eventually you will be up and running again and God is going to give you the strength you need to get up and keep going. 


Keep fighting! It's worth it- I promise :)

No comments: