Monday, June 13, 2011

Offerings

"I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, O LORD, for it is good." Psalm 54:6


Offerings- Tuesday nights at Concordia University, an intimate time of praise and worship as well as a time for personal or group prayer and personal reflection.


I miss this. I miss having this break from my life to just spend time with God. I miss the time to gather with my friends and just praise God. I miss the ability to have my friends nearby and have them pray with me. I have been listening to many songs from Offerings the past few days, and I am just aching to be able to be able to go and bask in the glory of God. Unfortunately, I have to wait until August to go to Offerings, but no one said that I cannot get on this level with God without going to Offerings. 


A few years ago, something like this would have not been something that I enjoyed or looked forward too. I especially would not have missed it. It is cool to look back and see how God has worked in my life and helped me to have a strong desire to spend time with him. 


Below is one of my favorite songs from Offerings. I hope you enjoy it as much  as I do. 


I know that most of you probably do not have the opportunity to go to something like Offerings like I do every week. But I want to challenge you to get on a level with God where you want nothing more than to sit there and just be in his presence. To be on a level where if you don't spend that time with God, you are aching for Him. For me, it is music that really brings me close to God. But for you it could be something entirely different. Find it. You won't regret it. 

No comments: