Friday, June 3, 2011

Stronger


This is one of my new favorite songs. It is called Stronger by Mandisa. While all of the lyrics apply to my life right now, there is one part in particular that stands out and applies for today specifically:


'Cause if He started this work in your life 
He will be faithful to complete it 
If only you believe it 
He knows how much it hurts 
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this 


Today something happend, and it truly showed me that God is truly working in a situation in my life. It's not where it needs to be yet, and I don't know if it will ever get where it needs to be, but it has gotten better and for that I am thankful. God has to get us to a point where we will sit back and let him do the work for us. Unfortunately for me, it caused me a lot of pain before I decided to surrender and let God just handle it. Sometimes I tend to forget that God really does know how much things hurt us. He watched his only son die on a cross for the sins of the world. God knows pain, and he will help us through it. My friend Ashley told me something one day after I told her that I had already surrendered everything to God and I felt that I shouldn't have to do it again. She said "Riss, surrendering is not a one time thing. Each and every day you have to get up and choose to let God do his thing. It is easy to try and take control again." My life isn't pain free just because I am choosing to let God take over. Some days, it seems more painful because I feel out of control. But what comforts me is that I know God is going to complete what I am going through- it may not be in the ways that I want or expect, but he is going to complete it, and bring healing to me as well. 


These verses have also brought me comfort in the past few days:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." 
Isaiah 41:10, 13 

God is giving me more and more strength each and every day. He gives me just enough to get through that day. If he gave me all the strength I would ever need, then I wouldn't need him and what would be the point of that?! 


I don't know what you are going through in your life right now, but know this- God is using it to make you stronger, and he will help you through it. I promise :) 

No comments: