Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rainy days lead to Blue Skies


When the rain is falling
And there’s no silver lining
And you just can’t seem to find the light
When you need a reason
To help you keep believing
Let my love be your blue sky


I needed a reason to help me keep believing this week. A lot has gone wrong recently- Some summer stuff, fall stuff and personal stuff has all gotten messed up. Or at least as far as I see it it is messed up. According to God's plan I am hoping we are right on track. But anyway, there has been a lot of "gray" filled days and not a lot of blue skies. Sometimes, it is just so hard to find positives among a bunch of negatives.

I couldn't find the silver lining on this huge cloud, and I couldn't find the sunlight. I was kind of having a lot of "God why me, Why now?!" moments. But today I realized, that God can take our gray days and make them into shining blue skies. He takes the storms and makes them calm. His love shapes us into new people.

Maybe your skies have been gray lately. Let God add some blue to your sky. Let him bring some joy and happiness into your life, even if it is only for a day or for a moment. I have learned to appreciate good days because sometimes they are few and far between. God can make even a horrible day less horrible. Let him bring some blue skies into your life. You will be happy that you did.

Not every day is going to be perfect, and some days will just be gray no matter what. But if you hand it over to God, it's going to make your rainy days easier to handle and help you to catch your glimpses of blue skies.

No comments: