Thursday, February 7, 2013

21 Here I Come!

Well, here it is. February 7th, 2013 and only minutes away from my 21st birthday. This birthday feels different from the other ones. Looking back over the past few years of my life, I simply cannot believe where I am at today. I have changed so much over the past few years, and in a lot of ways it just blows my mind. God has done so much in me, and in my life it is truly astounding and amazing! So as I enjoy the last few minutes of being 20, I wanted to share some of my highlights and blessings of the past year of my life :)

-Levi Austin was born 6 days before my 20th birthday! HUGE blessing to this year!
- I got to do a lot of new things including self defense, shooting a gun, and many others!
-I got to have fun with friends at Concordia at Formal, Follies, Graduation and much more!
- I got to watch my best friend Ashley Hayes Hart graduate and go to Mexico!
- I got to know my best friend Rebecca Rene Chaplin a whole lot better!
- I got to start of 2013 at Passion!!!! :D :D
- I learned how to eat new foods that don't make me sick :)
- I grew in my faith in a huge, and exciting way!
- I was challenged in relationships, and shown how to build stronger relationships
- I got to travel to Florida on two separate occasions!
- I was accepted to the Family Life Program at Concordia!
- I went to Germany and Austria!!!!!!!!!

This is only a few highlights. Wow. God has insanely blessed me this year! I can only imagine what year 21 will bring!

So here is my random thought of the day for you: Don't view birthdays as something negative. View them as a day to take a step back and be thankful for all the amazing things God is doing and has done in your life!

No comments: